Last updated: August 30, 2017 at 7:22 am
Since their recommendation in June 2017 more research is showing the following association – High carbohydrates = high mortality. High fat = low mortality.
The American Heart Association (AHA) is Wrong Again and Again on Healthy Fats. They made the following recommendations in June 2017:
- Reduce saturated fat intake to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Avoid coconut oil
- Use polyunsaturated vegetable oils in place of saturated fats and coconut oil
The abstract they wrote read that randomized controlled trials that lowered intake of dietary saturated fat and replaced it with polyunsaturated vegetable oil reduced CVD by ≈30%.
The best thing I can say about this: You must be kidding – in which make believe world is this true. When I look at the evidence for there theory that saturated fats and coconut oil raises the risk of heart disease – I yell – “liar liar pants on fire“. Healthy Coconut Oil and Healthy Saturated Fats should never be replaced with polyunsaturated vegetable oils, unless your goal is to make people fat and sick.
Nutrition and Health Stars and Organizations Speak
I am not going to try to convince you with the research that disproves the AHA. Instead, I am going to point you to excellent articles written by people and organizations in the field that will do a much better job then I could.
My goal is to help provide the resources, so you know the truth and you can speak with others in an intelligent way about the lies that the AHA told and about saturated fats, coconut oil, and, polyunsaturated vegetable oil.
- Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows
- Associations of fats and carbohydrate intake with cardiovascular disease and mortality in 18 countries from five continents (PURE): a prospective cohort study –
- Food consumption and the actual statistics of cardiovascular diseases: an epidemiological comparison of 42 European countries – – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5040825/
- Is Coconut Oil Still Healthy? The Truth Behind The Recent Headlines (Dr. David Perlmutter) – http://www.drperlmutter.com/is-coconut-oil-still-healthy-the-truth-behind-the-recent-headlines/
- Why the AHA’s Coconut Oil Recommendation is Wrong (Lori Shemek) – https://drlorishemek.com/why-the-ahas-coconut-oil-recommendation-is-wrong/
- American Heart Association Renders Itself Obsolete With 1960s Dietary Advice on Coconut Oil (Dr. Mercola) – http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/07/05/aha-avoid-saturated-fats.aspx?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=twittermercola_ranart&utm_campaign=20170804_aha-avoid-saturated-fats
- Coconut oil isn’t healthy. It’s never been healthy – https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/16/coconut-oil-isnt-healthy-its-never-been-healthy/402719001/
Saturated Fats and CVD: AHA Convicts, We Say Acquit – http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/882564?src=soc_tw_160817-pm_mscpedt_news_neuro&faf=1
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK – AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION GETS PRESIDENTIAL ON SATURATED FATS –
In Defense of Fat – http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2254833-in-defense-of-fat-2/
Is Saturated Fat Still Deadly? Are We Still Living in the 80s? Gary Taubes Explains – https://www.dietdoctor.com/saturated-fat-still-deadly-still-living-80s-gary-taubes-explains
Dietary fat guidelines have no evidence base: where next for public health nutritional advice? – http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/51/10/769
Food consumption and the actual statistics of cardiovascular diseases: an epidemiological comparison of 42 European countries – http://journals.co-action.net/index.php/fnr/article/view/31694
Coconut Oil Is Still Healthy, Despite AHA Claims – https://chriskresser.com/coconut-oil-is-still-healthy-despite-aha-claims/
Why Coconut Oil is Better than Vegetable Oil – https://blog.bulletproof.com/why-coconut-oil-is-better-than-vegetable-oil/
Is Coconut Oil Killing Us? –
Coconut Oil: What You Haven’t Been Told About That Study – http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/emily-maguire/coconut-oil_b_17220478.html
- In Defense of Coconut Oil: Rebuttal to USA Today – http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/defense-coconut-oil-rebuttal-usa-today
HAVE A HEART! WILL AHA OR COCONUT OIL KILL YOU? – http://foodmed.net/2017/06/23/have-a-heart-aha-coconut-oil-killer/
The Benefits of Replacing Saturated Fat with Vegetable Oils? Absolutely None! – https://www.dietdoctor.com/benefits-replacing-saturated-fat-vegetable-oils-absolutely-none
- Saturated fat may not increase heart disease risk after all – http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314693.php?utm_content=bufferc2e61&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
I will add to and update this list – date of creation – 7/22/2017.
There is a war going on make no mistake. The cost of this misinformation and lies is our health and wellness. The organizations that are suppose to look after our health – are not – they are looking after big food corps and phrama interest – the corporations, companies, and people that fund them. I believe their interest is to keep us fat and sick – that is how they make the most profit.
The power we have is in the individual – collectively coming together – on social media and the Internet. We need to get the truth out and fight the lies with valid research and the accurate interpretation of the research.
If you have any articles and research your want to add to our support of healthy fats, please comment and I will review it for inclusion into this article.